Winch nr one has been serviced

Some days ago we started the winch servicing process by disassembling it carefully.
inside we found lots of dried out grease and dust.
but overall the inside looked pretty good!
After disassembling it took us some days before we collected enough courage to start cleaning it.

After cleaning we greased all the bits and pieces and liberally applied antitrust compound as necessary.
Once done we proceeded to reassembled everything. Twice. The latter because some bearings fell out unnoticed during the initial reassembly 🙂
One down five more to go!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *